Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our <br>community around the world.

Home Forums OpenFOAM Forum Unable to postProcess CourantNo and MachNo for nacaAirfoil case

• Unable to postProcess CourantNo and MachNo for nacaAirfoil case

Posted by Jishnu on January 20, 2024 at 4:25 pm

Hi Sir,

I tried to run the postProcess utility for the nacaAirfoil case for the function objects CourantNo and MachNo. But I got an error saying that “cannot find required object phi of type surfaceScalarField” for CourantNo and “cannot find required object thermophysicalProperties of type fluidThermo” for MachNo.

Please guide me to resolve this issue

Barış Bicer replied 2 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Rahul

January 23, 2024 at 10:01 am

Hi Jishnu,
    Could you please post more details about the case? Like the changes you have made in the controlDict related to function objects, solution convergence from the log files, folder structure in the case running directory after running the case? It will not be possible to solve the error with only the error message.
    Best regards
    Rahul
    Flowthermolab support

• Barış Bicer

January 23, 2024 at 9:27 pm

Hi Jishu,

I think that you run the postProcess command without solver name for Co number right? Listen, Courant number postprocess needs to read “phi” fields in each time step. Therefore, you should use it with solver name.

try this command : sonicFoam -postProcess -func CourantNo

This time it will work.

Let me know!

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Barış Bicer.
    • Jishnu

February 11, 2024 at 7:56 am

Hi sir,

I was able to solve the issue as per your guidance. Now I am able to post process the numbers (Courant, Mach). Thank you for your guidance

• Barış Bicer

February 11, 2024 at 1:18 pm

you are welcome!

error: Content is protected !!