Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our <br>community around the world.

Home Forums OpenFOAM Forum Surface LIC plugin not available

• Surface LIC plugin not available

Posted by Harshavardhan Konka on November 30, 2023 at 2:38 am

Hello Dr.Baris,

The surface LIC plugin is not available in my Paraview. I tried downloading the plugin and adding it to the Paraview but unfortunately the software crashes. How can I fix this?

Barış Bicer replied 5 months, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Rahul

November 30, 2023 at 7:43 am

Hi Harshavardhan,
    Surface LIC is a built-in feature in Paraview. You should be able to see this option on the top menu near the variable selection box as seen in the attached pics. This option will be available only when results are loaded, but not when only the mesh is loaded.
    If you are still not able to find this representation option in Paraview please try to reinstall the latest version and check, since it is a built-in plugin and no external installation is required.
    Best regards
    Rahul
    Flowthermolab support

• Barış Bicer

November 30, 2023 at 3:29 pm

Did you try from the Paraview Tools–>Manage Plugins –> find SurfaceLIC option and load it —> after that load your case and choose LIC option. that should work

• Harshavardhan Konka

December 1, 2023 at 11:16 pm

Hi Rahul and Baris,

I tried re-installing the paraview. The steps I followed is

sudo -apt autoremoval paraview

sudo apt update

sudo apt-get -y install paraview

Attaching the plugins which is shown where the error still exists

• Barış Bicer

December 2, 2023 at 7:33 am

Hİ again,

Can you tell me please your environment is pure linux or you installed ubuntu under windows environment?

• Harshavardhan Konka

December 2, 2023 at 7:39 pm

Its ubuntu in windows environment.

• Barış Bicer

December 3, 2023 at 10:08 pm

then why dont you install paraview through windows environment and still trying to install it via terminal. I feel that you miss some sub-includings when you install via terminal. Instead of this please directly download paraview last version on your desktop from its web-page and install it manually.

Let me know if it works or not.

• Harshavardhan Konka

December 14, 2023 at 3:57 am

Hi Baris,

Apologize for the delay. I tried to re-install Paraview manually but was not successful. I had to remove the virtual box since I removed certain files by mistake. I followed the steps as suggested and successfully installed OpenFOAM in Ubuntu via virtual box. I update the Paraview software but still I am getting the surface LIC. Furthermore, whenever I open Paraview it asks me to force quit or wait.

• Harshavardhan Konka

December 14, 2023 at 4:10 am

I increased the RAM size still getting the same issue

• Barış Bicer

December 17, 2023 at 3:53 pm

Did you install it pure windows environment?

• Harshavardhan Konka

December 18, 2023 at 2:30 am

yes. Just to make sure I installed the virtual box in Windows and installed the ubuntu, openfoam via the virtual box.

• Barış Bicer

December 26, 2023 at 6:57 pm

actually you dont need to install virtual box. Directly install ubuntu via microsoft store… After that you can install openfoam via this page. I think that something is not working in paraview installation inside virtual box

error: Content is protected !!