Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our <br>community around the world.

Home Forums Introduction to FSI Forum related to modelling of duffing oscillator eqaution

• related to modelling of duffing oscillator eqaution

Posted by shristithakur995 on September 21, 2023 at 9:40 am

hello sir,

I want to work with a duffing oscillator for nonlinear spring stiffness(this is my Ph.D. work). I am familiar with the linear spring mass system equation and coupling with fluid equations to determine structure oscillation and frequency. but I am facing difficulties with the nonlinear model(duffing oscillator). can you suggest an approach to simulate such type of problem in OpenFoam.

Thank you

Chennakesava replied 8 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Chennakesava

September 21, 2023 at 11:14 am

Hi,

You can’t do this in OpenFOAM as it supports linear springs only.

• shristithakur995

September 21, 2023 at 12:32 pm

I found some papers in which they used OpenFoam for simulating nonlinear model.

• shristithakur995

September 24, 2023 at 7:20 am

Please give me some suggestions related to this

• Chennakesava

September 25, 2023 at 7:50 am

Hi,

By default, OpenFOAM supports only linear springs. For nonlinear springs, we need to write new C++ Classess/Functions.

You can contact the authors of the papers asking them to share their source files.

Another option is my FSI code. It supports nonlinear springs with cubic nonlinearity. https://github.com/chennachaos/mpap

The installation process is a bit difficult, but it is straightforward on Ubuntu. If you want to you can give it a try.

error: Content is protected !!