Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our <br>community around the world.

Home Forums ANSYS Fluent Beginners to Advanced level Regarding Turmomachinery

• MIDHUN

November 28, 2023 at 5:58 am

Haie ,

You can Boolean operation in Spaceclaim

The Combine tool is used to make combinations of objects. You can add (or merge) objects together and you can subtract (or split) objects from each other. These actions are also known as Boolean operations.

Tool guides for the Combine tool are sticky, and appear with a double outline when you click them. The tool guide remains selected so you can perform the same action repeatedly without holding the Ctrl key. To unstick a tool guide, click it again, click another tool guide, or click an empty place in the Design window.

When you use a pattern with the Combine tool, the entire pattern is merged or used to cut the target.

To split solids and surfaces

1. Click Combine.

2. Select the target solid or surface that you want to split.

3. Select one or more object to use as the cutter.

4. (Optional) Select the split region(s) that you want to delete.

• Bibek

November 28, 2023 at 3:39 pm

Yeah, I did try that but it’s not working. Any suggestions?

• MIDHUN

November 29, 2023 at 2:29 pm

Haie ,

It seems that there is some issue with geometry , so what you can do is either use detach all (by right click) solid body and convert surface body. Remove unwanted surfaces and use repair tool to make the final solid body.

• Bibek

December 3, 2023 at 1:32 pm

How to find the efficiency of the pump without power inlet or outlet?

• Rahul

December 4, 2023 at 5:28 am

Hi Bibek,
        You can find equations for isentropic efficiency from literature, using the computed pressure and temperature values. This literature search is also an integral part of the assignment. So please try from your end to get the correct equations and use the appropriate values at the inlet and outlet to compute the efficiency.
        Best regards
        Flowthermolab support

• Bibek

November 29, 2023 at 6:36 pm

Thank you, working now.

• T R Abhishek

January 27, 2024 at 3:16 am

Hi, i am still not able to get through this error “unable to intersect bodies”

• MIDHUN

January 30, 2024 at 11:43 am

Hi,

Mostly all the methods are discussed in this feed you can follow any of these and try to sort out the issue.

• Burak

December 30, 2023 at 11:06 am

I wonder how you solved the problem. Could you please explain how did you cut the blades from the main rotor geometry.

• Bibek

January 1, 2024 at 5:17 pm

First delete the faces above blade zones then repair missing faces.

• Burak

January 2, 2024 at 4:23 pm

Oh thank you. I also solved the problem with using a different way. I extended the blade surfaces then used combine button.

• Narendar

February 19, 2024 at 5:37 am

When I tried to do the same, its still showing “unable to intersect bodies”. Could you please elaborate on how you did it? Thanks!

• Burak

February 19, 2024 at 10:47 am

Hi Narendar,

I increased the blade region on Z-axis and used combine command in order to cur it from the main model. I realized that combine button is not able to cut it since there are tiny length differences at the bottom faces. So if you increase them randomly, the combine button will realize whole intersections and cut the model.

• Isha

March 5, 2024 at 5:56 pm

Hi Burak,

I tried your method but I could only extend the bottom blade surface, the top one had irregularities and doesnt get extruded in a straightforward manner. Any suggestions?

• Burak

March 6, 2024 at 4:46 am

Hi Isha,

Can you try to extend onyl the edges of the top surface, maybe you can cut using combine button and selecting the edge surfaces that you will extend.

error: Content is protected !!