Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our <br>community around the world.

Home Forums Introduction to FSI Forum question about the mini-project

• question about the mini-project

Posted by Xin on March 15, 2024 at 1:50 pm

Hi support team,

I select the third problem, and I simulate the as required with Re number 220 and 500. As guideline states, the report can include as follows, I don’t know what I should include for this case, since the limitation is 12 to 20 pages. My thought is that analysing different Re and different algorithm for dynamic mesh. My question is that is this enough for 12 pages or it’s too much. Because the requirment states that the before doing the project I can discuss.

Thank you.

Xin Xiong

Chennakesava replied 3 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Vivek

Administrator
    March 18, 2024 at 6:39 am

Hi,

Dr. Kadapa is currently on a business trip, but rest assured, he will respond to your message. Please anticipate a slight delay in his reply. Your patience during this time is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Flowthermolab team

• Chennakesava

March 20, 2024 at 8:22 pm

Hi Xin,

You can present some background of the problem, a brief overview of the literature, problem setup, methodology and results (graphs, contours, energy output etc.) accompanied by discussion. This will be like a short paper but is flexible in format.

• Chennakesava

March 20, 2024 at 8:24 pm

The page count can be between 12 and 20. But don’t worry if you exceed this number. This is just an exercise for you to demonstrate what you learned in the course.

• Xin

April 9, 2024 at 4:21 pm

Hi Dr Kadapa,

I’m doing mini-project three, simulating transverse galloping, and I got results as follows. It seems that the natural frequency(displacemant frequecny) is close to vortex shedding frequency( frequency of lift force). I am not sure if it is this correct because galloping frequency is far away from vortex shedding frequency. And also the displacement is very small. Please can you explain where I am wrong?

Thank in advance

Best Regards,

Xin Xiong

• Chennakesava

April 15, 2024 at 2:11 pm

Hi Xin,

You may get into a lock-in zone depending on the parameters, and when it is outside the lock-in zone, the frequency of the response will still be at that of the lift force but with a smaller amplitude.

What are the parameters you are using?

• Xin

April 15, 2024 at 2:18 pm

Hi Dr kadap,

I’m using the parameter as follows as required in the intruction.

• Chennakesava

April 18, 2024 at 10:11 am

I don’t know the other parameters, like inlet velocity.

Check this paper and try to use the same parameters for the rectangular you are using so you can compare your results.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0889974603000082

error: Content is protected !!