Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our <br>community around the world.

Home Forums OpenFOAM Forum Plotting residuals

• Plotting residuals

Posted by Mehmet Berk on February 15, 2023 at 10:45 am

Hello,
    In lecture 17, plotting residuals after the solution has shown with the foamLog feature. Is it possible to plot all residuals during the solution with the solverInfo function object? I have used solverInfo and foamMonitor, for the motorbike case, which works somehow with all the unnecessary initial residuals of pressure and momentum and without energy, rho etc. . But it does not work for the nacaAirFoil case. I have used PyFoam, which was successful, but I prefer original script files.I hope you can help me.

Barış Bicer replied 1 year, 2 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Srinivas

February 15, 2023 at 11:45 am

Hello Mehmet Berk

I want to ask

when You run the motorBike you get the cl and cd values while running the solution?

• Mehmet Berk

February 15, 2023 at 12:00 pm

It is possible. if the forceCoeffs exists in the postProcess file. foamMonitor utility plots them in real time during the solution. But, they are not important for me while checking the convergence at first. And I can reach them with -postProcess utility afterwards. But residual monitoring is really important thing for me.

• Mehmet Berk

February 15, 2023 at 12:00 pm

It is possible. if the forceCoeffs exists in the postProcess file. foamMonitor utility plots them in real time during the solution. But, they are not important for me while checking the convergence at first. And I can reach them with -postProcess utility afterwards. But residual monitoring is really important thing for me.

• Barış Bicer

February 15, 2023 at 9:17 pm

Hi Mehmet,

Truely speaking I have used pyFoam to plot residuals during simulation before. I have never used solverInfo function before. If you can find a solution please share with us.

thank you!

error: Content is protected !!