Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our <br>community around the world.

Home Forums OpenFOAM Forum ParaView

Tagged: 

• ParaView

Posted by Karan Mahendra Jain on July 17, 2023 at 8:47 am

I am using ParaView 5.0.1. However in the tutorials they have used 5.4.1. So  I am not able to follow-up with the same. Like for ”transformation” ”Miscellaneous” options in ParaView doesn’t appear to me. Please guide further on this.

Barış Bicer replied 9 months, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 17 Replies
  • 17 Replies
  • Barış Bicer

July 17, 2023 at 3:07 pm

Hi Karan,

Why cant you use same version? Just simply go to paraview website and dowload proper version (which is newer) that can let you follow the lectures.

Best.

• Karan Mahendra Jain

July 18, 2023 at 4:11 am

Okay let me try this. Thanks.

• Karan Mahendra Jain

July 18, 2023 at 7:00 am

Hey I have tried updating paraview. However, I am having issues. Please help me out.

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install paraview

• Barış Bicer

July 18, 2023 at 4:59 pm

Hi Karan,

First remove available one and then install it. if you still get same error please contact with support team and arrange live support ok?

• Karan Mahendra Jain

July 19, 2023 at 2:41 am

Alright. I will book an appointment with support team.

• Karan Mahendra Jain

July 27, 2023 at 7:22 am

Hello Baris,

The support team tried to look into this matter. However, wasn’t able to resolve the issue. Below snippet is error message which I get while upgrading ParaView:

• MIDHUN MURALI

July 27, 2023 at 10:52 am

Dear Karan,

As previously discussed, the problem is related to the Qt Platform plugin xcb, and it seems to be arising due to missing libraries on your Linux Mint system. The issue has been resolved for some users on Ubuntu by installing the xcb libraries, specifically libxcb-x11.

To install the required xcb libraries for ParaView on Linux Mint, you can follow these steps:

1.Update the package lists: Run the following command to update the package lists on your system.

sudo apt update

2.Install the necessary xcb libraries: Run the following command to install the required xcb libraries for ParaView.

sudo apt install libxcb-xinerama0 libxcb-xinput0

3.Verify the installation: After the installation is complete, you can check if the libraries were installed successfully by running the following command in the terminal.

dpkg -l | grep libxcb

If the libraries were installed correctly, you should see them listed in the output.
    Now, the required xcb libraries may  be installed on your Linux Mint system, and you can try running ParaView again to see if the issue is resolved.

Since there is limited support for this plugin, there might not be a straightforward solution to fully resolve the problem. However, you can try some alternative approaches like as a backup plan, you can consider installing the latest version of the software on a native Windows machine. This way, you can proceed with the post-processing tasks without any delays.

• Barış Bicer

August 4, 2023 at 7:19 am

as Midhun said you can install paraview independently. It shouldnt be so difficult

• Karan Mahendra Jain

August 16, 2023 at 5:02 am

Dear Baris,

As Midhun has suggested that to use latest Para-view onto windows native system. This is becoming complicated as I have to always transfer file for post processing from Linux to Windows. Can you please suggest some permanent solution to this issue? I really need to install not at least the latest version but the upgraded one for for Linux Mint 18.1 Cinnamon system.

• Barış Bicer

August 16, 2023 at 7:37 am

Hi Karan,

No problem where you are using paraview. I think that you are using ubuntu on windows right? open your ubuntu terminal go to your case and type : explorer.exe .

That leads to pop-up a windows window that shows you the path of the your case. Copy this path of the case then manually open your paraview and from left top click open option–> then paste your path as shown in the attached pic.

then you can open your case.

for your info.how to find case path

• Barış Bicer

August 16, 2023 at 7:38 am

paraview

• Barış Bicer

August 16, 2023 at 7:40 am

here shows how to visualize in paraview

• Karan Mahendra Jain

August 16, 2023 at 8:08 am

Dear Baris,

I appreciate your prompt response. However, I am using Linux system. So please assist accordingly. Thanks.

• Barış Bicer

August 16, 2023 at 8:20 am

then just type paraview on your linux terminal and open paraview window. Then go to your case via terminal and type : pwd which shows your case path. copy it and paste in paraview as I showed above paraview picture.

• Karan Mahendra Jain

August 22, 2023 at 6:37 am

Dear Baris and Support team,

This issue remains unsolved. The matter is that I am unable to install the latest version of Paraview on my Linux Mint 18.1 Cinnamon OS. My suggestion would be that if anyone could connect virtually and sort this out please.

Thanks,

Karan

Page 1 of 2

error: Content is protected !!