Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our <br>community around the world.

Home Forums OpenFOAM Forum OpenFOAM motorBike Problem

• OpenFOAM motorBike Problem

Posted by Abhinav Goswami on August 10, 2023 at 2:50 pm

Hello sir,

I followed the procedure to give snappyHexMesh as shown in Lesson 6 of the OpenFOAM course but was unable to obtain the motorBike.obj file in paraview.

Kindly, look into the matter at your earliest convenience,

Thank You

Barış Bicer replied 10 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    August 10, 2023 at 5:25 pm

Dear
    I have this same problem.
    It seems to me that this happened because you, following the lesson, typed ‘paraview foam.foam’
    But you can’t type ‘paraview foam.foam’.
    You just need to type ‘paraview’, after that you have to open motoBike.obj using paraview Menu: file>open> etc…

Also, you need to have paraview installed correctly.
    Hope it helps you!
    Best regards

Raphael

• Barış Bicer

August 11, 2023 at 12:34 pm

Hi Both,

I think that I have already addressed this question in previous post. I will explain it again step by step and if next one has some trouble we can address this post.

• paraFoam is an openfoam utility which is used to visualize the openfoam case by only simple typing “paraFoam”. this command creates a dummy foam.foam file and it deletes this file when you close paraview.
    • paraview command is simply opening a standard paraview window.
    • if you create a dummy foam.foam file (using touch foam.foam) paraview foam.foam is uploading current case into paraview.
    • So, I hope that you understand that paraview foam.foam or paraFoam only opens openfoam case with mesh and fields.
    • last, to open the any external .obj or .stl file you have to first open the paraview window in any way and then you have to open file as Raphael said: Menu: File—>open–> choose external file.

I hope that helps and clarify your questions.

Baris

error: Content is protected !!