Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our <br>community around the world.

• Posted by Raghu Karthik on January 23, 2024 at 8:41 am

I was intending to solve a multiphase problem where in I want to simulate mixing of impure water and pure water. So I assumed a problem setup of tank filled with pure water and a thick cushion of impure water (high density) above it. For Boundaries i took all the walls of tank as walls and also tried putting a pressure outlet BC at top. . For reference a picture is attached.
    For multiphase model i took eulerian Multifluid VOF model with dispersed interface modelling. Phases are set : pure water as primary phase, impure water as secondary phase

When I am initializing I get following message : turbulent viscosity limited to viscosity ratio of 1.000000e+05 in 102192 cells (ALL CELLS IN DOMAIN) and the solution can’t run. I want to know why does this message occur in the initialization itself.

• This discussion was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Raghu Karthik.
    MIDHUN replied 2 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • MIDHUN

January 24, 2024 at 10:56 am

Hi,

Can you please confirm if you are able to run the simulation. Also could you please share a screenshot of divergence issue you are facing. You can also try a mesh with no boundary layer and check if its resolving the issue .

Regards

Flowthermolab SupportTeam

error: Content is protected !!