Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our <br>community around the world.

Home Forums OpenFOAM Forum motorbike case

• motorbike case

Posted by Mathuru Sudeep Shankar Reddy on January 1, 2023 at 6:20 pm

paraview isn’t loading the geometry and showing the following error.

ERROR: In ./VTK/IO/Geometry/vtkOpenFOAMReader.cxx, line 11322

vtkPOpenFOAMReader (0x55b788ac4160): /home/sudeep/OpenFOAM/sudeep-v2206/run/motorBike/foam.foam contains no meshes.

ERROR: In ./VTK/Common/ExecutionModel/vtkExecutive.cxx, line 752

vtkPVCompositeDataPipeline (0x55b78923bbd0): Algorithm vtkPOpenFOAMReader(0x55b788ac4160) returned failure for request: vtkInformation (0x55b78925dc40)

Debug: Off

Modified Time: 295014

Reference Count: 1

Registered Events: (none)

Request: REQUEST_INFORMATION

ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1

FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0

Barış Bicer replied 1 year, 5 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Barış Bicer

January 2, 2023 at 8:33 am

Hi,

What do you try to open? .obj or .stl file? you try to open foam.foam which should include mesh. did you create the mesh before opening?

check once again and let me know.

BR.

Baris

• Mathuru Sudeep Shankar Reddy

January 4, 2023 at 8:44 am

I didn’t get the mesh by opening the file foam.foam. i had to open the .obj file manually from paraview. And also when i run blockMesh after that, only background mesh is running. motorbike isn’t included in that mesh. What I want to convey is two different meshes are created for bike and background. pictures are attached for your reference

• Barış Bicer

January 4, 2023 at 10:09 am

Hi,

Did you check the lecture carefully?

blockmesh is creating only background mesh before applying the snappyHexMesh. to obtain the final mesh with motorbike you should follow snappyHexMesh process. Then you will see the mesh with motorbike.

So far, what you sent is normal picture begining of the case.

Let us know if you face any problem.

Best regards.

Baris

• Mathuru Sudeep Shankar Reddy

January 7, 2023 at 7:01 am

Hi

Let me explain the issue i am facing.

After unzipping the the geomerty file, i created a file foam.foam.

But when i tried to open foam.foam, it is showing empty. So in-order to open motorBike.obj file i had to manually load it. foam.foam file is showing some geometry only after i run blockmesh. So now motorBike and background mesh are in two different files. I followed your lecture twice. Plz let me know where i might have committed mistake.

Regards

Sudeep

• Barış Bicer

January 7, 2023 at 8:40 am

Hi Sudeep,

there is no any mistake and problem. Listen, .obj file is geometry file and in order to visualize it within paraview you have to manually load and open it. so when you create background mesh using blockMesh you can visualize it with foam.foam file which is for mesh and fields. Next step is snappyHexMesh where you will use .obj file and back ground mesh to create volume mesh for motorbike.

For your info.

Best

error: Content is protected !!