Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our <br>community around the world.

Home Forums OpenFOAM Forum Motorbike case 2 cpu trial

• Motorbike case 2 cpu trial

Posted by Lakshmisree on January 12, 2024 at 6:23 am

When I run motorbike case with 2 cpu case, and when I give reconstructPar command, I’m getting the below error.

Barış Bicer replied 3 months ago 3 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • MIDHUN

January 12, 2024 at 10:31 am

Hi,

Can you please confirm where you able to run with multiple processors for dam break problem. And to cross check did you also assign multiple processors in Virtual Box.

After running the case are you getting multiple folders like in this case 2 processors after the completion of run.

Regards

Flowthermolab SupportTeam

• Barış Bicer

January 13, 2024 at 2:05 pm

Hi,

I understand that you run the case with 2 CPUs without any change. Is it right?

If so, tell me your mesh size with your RAM size? when you make reconstructPar, can you also check your RAM?

• Lakshmisree

January 15, 2024 at 5:55 am

Yes I was able to run the dam break case with multiple processors, and able to combine the results. Also in motorbike case , when I run with multiple processors the folders ‘processor0,1,2 etc” are being created, but when reconstructPar is given, it throws the above mentioned error

• Lakshmisree

January 15, 2024 at 6:04 am

My computer RAM size is 8 GB, in which 4GB is allocated to the virtual machine.

• Barış Bicer

January 15, 2024 at 10:28 pm

Hi again,

lets go step by step :

1. Can you share the content of your case folder: type –> ls -l and paste here what do you see.

2. in same folder type again : ls -l pro* –> paste here what you see

3. did you use for reconstructPar command simply? use it with log file : reconstructPar | tee log.reconstruct

paste here also the log file.

and then I hope that we can catch a clue.

Best

• Lakshmisree

January 16, 2024 at 5:44 am

the resconstruct log is given below

/*—————————————————————————*\

| ========= | |

| \\ / F ield | OpenFOAM: The Open Source CFD Toolbox |

| \\ / O peration | Version: 2212 |

| \\ / A nd | Website: http://www.openfoam.com |

| \\/ M anipulation | |

\*—————————————————————————*/

Build : _66908158ae-20221220 OPENFOAM=2212 version=v2212

Arch : “LSB;label=32;scalar=64”

Exec : reconstructPar

Date : Jan 16 2024

Time : 09:42:54

Host : lakshmisree-VirtualBox

PID : 2678

I/O : uncollated

Case : /home/lakshmisree/OpenFOAM/lakshmisree-v2212/run/paralle_trial/2cpu_trial/motorBike

nProcs : 1

trapFpe: Floating point exception trapping enabled (FOAM_SIGFPE).

fileModificationChecking : Monitoring run-time modified files using timeStampMaster (fileModificationSkew 5, maxFileModificationPolls 20)

allowSystemOperations : Allowing user-supplied system call operations

// * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * //

Create time

Reconstructing fields

region=region0

Time = 100

–> FOAM Warning :

From virtual Foam::polyMesh::readUpdateState Foam::polyMesh::readUpdate()

in file meshes/polyMesh/polyMeshIO.C at line 210

Number of patches has changed. This may have unexpected consequences. Proceed with care.

–> FOAM Warning :

From int main(int, char**)

in file reconstructPar.C at line 369

readUpdate for the reconstructed mesh:3

readUpdate for the processor meshes :0

These should be equal or your addressing might be incorrect. Please check your time directories for any mesh directories.

Reconstructing FV fields

Reconstructing volScalarFields

• Barış Bicer

January 16, 2024 at 9:42 pm

Hi,

Listen. . The folders 1, 2 and 3 are created after your snappy mesh process, which are showing the 3 stages of snappyHexMEsh,respectively. Your final mesh is located under 3/polyMesh.

so first question : Did you copy this 3/polyMesh under of your constant folder? If not then you dont use real mesh.

2. If you already copied and then run the case: then please delete these 1, 2 and 3 folders

3. and then try reconstructPar again.

4. paste here again the log file

• Lakshmisree

January 17, 2024 at 4:38 am

yes, it worked when I deleted the 1,2,3 folder from the case file. Thank you,

so reconstructPar is trying to look for meshes present in 1 ,2 ,3 as well?

• Barış Bicer

January 17, 2024 at 9:23 pm

of course it checks your polyMesh first which is really matched with the processors or not. However, since you have several polyMesh inside in different folders it goes wrong folder where it cant match the mesh.

Thats why it gives error

error: Content is protected !!