Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our <br>community around the world.

• Posted by Loubna on September 19, 2023 at 2:04 pm

Hello everyone

Could you please tell me how we can find the optimal element size for meshing a geometry? Can I choose the element size of 200 mm and enable the capture curvature (yes) and capture proximity (yes)?

I won’t have an issue in the simulation with a dpm size of 15 mm.

Thank you

Loubna -Mechanical engineer

Sandeep replied 8 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Sandeep

Administrator
    September 19, 2023 at 3:38 pm

Hi Loubna,
    I suggest you to work with Fluent meshing and not workbench meshing for ANSYS Fluent simulations.
    In Fluent meshing you can always start with the default mesh size. The preview of the size you put will also be displaced in the graphics window which will give you an idea.
    The sizing options like curvature, face sizing, body of influence etc are covered in the meshing section of the course if you are in the ANSYS Fluent beginners to advanced level course.

• Loubna

September 19, 2023 at 3:56 pm

Thank you sir

But related to Dpm Size these all parameters will not make an issue in the simulation.knowing that the dpm size must be min 5 times lower than mesh size ?

And there is a maximum element size that we have not to exceed ?

• Sandeep

Administrator
    September 27, 2023 at 3:46 pm

There are no such strict rules.
    DPMs are used when we cannot have that phase to be captured in Eulerian mesh. So DPM particles are much smaller than the mesh size. If the DPM particle size becomes closer to the mesh size, then you can see problem with mass conservation and that can lead to error in simulation.

error: Content is protected !!