Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our <br>community around the world.

Home Forums OpenFOAM Forum Mesh is not being shown in paraview.

• Rahul

January 3, 2024 at 6:57 am

Hi Raj,
    Did you click on the ‘Apply’ button? It seems to be active still. Also check if the corresponding part is selected in the import dialog box.
    Best regards
    Flowthermolab support

• Rajnish

January 3, 2024 at 7:12 am

i have clicked on apply but this output message dialog box does not disappers adn mesh is still missing

• Rahul

January 3, 2024 at 9:54 am

Could you try clicking this icon from the menu? The domain may be zoomed out or may not be visible since it falls outside the domain.
      If it doesn’t work, could you check it out with a different model to see if the issue persists there also?
      Best regards
      Rahul
      Flowtehrmolab support

• Rajnish

January 3, 2024 at 9:58 am

Nothing sir and also with another model mesh.

This output message box also keeps popping up .
        When i launch file explorer from linux and then separately open paraview and if i drop the from explorer in paraview then the mesh is available .

• Rahul

January 3, 2024 at 10:34 am

Normally it is not possible to open paraview from WSL. It results in an error, since Paraview is a GUI software and WSL is not. I had not noticed earlier that you had opened paraview using the command line.

The best solution to this is to change your case run directory to on one your hard disk(say D: drive) rather than in the WSL drive, where it is set by default. Then you can open the corresponding foam.foam through Paraview on Windows directly.

Best regards
          Rahul

• Raghu Karthik

January 3, 2024 at 11:09 am

Using alias to launch paraview.
            I added paraview bin folder path to system environment variables. then I created an alias in ~/.bashrc (alias paraview=’powershell.exe -Command “& ‘\”paraview’\” –data=foam.foam” &’) to open foam.foam directly from wsl with simply paraview command. but disadvantage is it opens only foam.foam. But to open any other name ex dummy.foam we can use [paraview.exe dummy.foam &] directly in wsl command line.

• Barış Bicer

January 5, 2024 at 9:14 am

Hi Raghu,

Thanks for a good info. I never tried it. I always opened Paraview from windows separately and called the foam.foam manually.

error: Content is protected !!