Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our <br>community around the world.

Home Forums CFD foundation course: Forum Lesson : Part 2 – Programming

• Rahul

December 21, 2023 at 2:38 am

Hi Sivaraman,
    dx is the distance between two adjacent nodes. If you consider a line of length 0.4m, with 5 grid points(2 boundary and 3 internal), the distance between the grid points will be 0.4/(5-1)=0.1m. You can draw a simple line, divide it into grids, and check this out.
    Also, a couple of things I would also request from your side before posting on the forum so that we can help you better:
    1. Give a better description of your problem instead of just asking for an explanation of some term. Please give us a context.
    2. Also, since these are basic questions that can be resolved by just drawing on a sheet of paper and checking, I would suggest you try that out first. Same regarding coding projects. You should try out your version of the code, execute it, and see if it works. Once the background work is done, and still you are unable to understand the issue, we will be able to help you better. We may not be able to debug entire codes, but if the modifications are small and yet you are running into syntax errors and all we may be able to help out to an extent.

Also, most of the numerical questions need to be done in conjunction with the books already shared with you in the 1st lesson. This will give you a better understanding of the problems when used along with the videos.
    Best regards
    Rahul
    Flowthermolab support

• SIVARAMAN

December 21, 2023 at 5:01 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your response. Firstly, I am relatively new to the field of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and I am in the process of transitioning from a background in field service. Despite a 12-year study gap, I am diligently working to refresh my foundational skills. I was encouraged by Mr. Sandeep’s advice that a question is a question, and I should not hesitate to seek clarification when needed.
    Furthermore, I am relatively unfamiliar with programming, making it a completely new subject for me. so, I asked questions wherever I felt hard to understand. As per your advice, I will try to solve the problems myself.

Thank you.

error: Content is protected !!