Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our <br>community around the world.

Home Forums ANSYS Fluent Beginners to Advanced level Lesson 8: Meshing Rotational Periodic geometry !

• Lesson 8: Meshing Rotational Periodic geometry !

Posted by Mathanraj on November 1, 2023 at 7:57 am

Hi !

For an assignment in lesson 8, i have downloaded impeller geometry from Grabcad. Then, i have created rotational periodic domain in space claim. Kindly check whether it’s correct or not.

Also, i need to extract fluid domain only for meshing. I don’t how to proceed further.

Kindly help if you know what the next step is !

Thank You !

Have a nice day !

MIDHUN replied 5 months, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • MIDHUN

November 2, 2023 at 6:30 am

Haie ,

You need to copy or move the surfaces to create the outer that is the hub and shroud and the periodic sections . This can either be done by copying the surfaces ofsetting it some common distance and this surface body you can transform to solid body using repair option. After that you can subtract the blade from the solid body so that you can get a similar geom as shown below.

Regards

M Midhun

• Mathanraj

November 2, 2023 at 4:58 pm

Hi Midhun,

Thanks for replying..

I have already got the geometry. Now i need to create fluid domain for meshing.

How can i create fluid domain for this solid body?

• MIDHUN

November 3, 2023 at 6:27 am

Haie,

I have explained the steps above you need to make a fluid domain for that you need an enclosure that is what I have mentioned, as you cannot do volume extract directly.

• MIDHUN

November 3, 2023 at 6:31 am

For creating the fluid domain, you need to make a solid body from the offset surface using the repair tool and subtract the blade from it(use the combine option) which is the boolean option in Spacecalim.

• T R Abhishek

November 5, 2023 at 3:14 pm

How to slice a blade out of such a geometry with curved vanes, and create a fluid domain out of this?

• MIDHUN

November 8, 2023 at 6:43 am

Haie

The method is already discussed in the above reply. You can initially start with simple geometry and try to create a periodic section out of it .Before moving to complicated geometries.

error: Content is protected !!