Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our <br>community around the world.

Home Forums ANSYS Fluent Beginners to Advanced level lesson 8 meshing periodic geometry

• MIDHUN

December 19, 2023 at 8:28 am

Haie ,

It seems from the error that the axis is having some eccentricity can you please confirm if the global rotation axis is at origin or there is some eccentricity. Also can you share screen shots of the axis just for checking.

Regards

Flowthermolab Support Team

• Raghu Karthik

December 19, 2023 at 1:00 pm

.I am sorry ignore the message. this is by mistake

• Ayoub

December 24, 2023 at 6:15 pm

Hi,

I’m working on the same geometry. And I got franckly an awkward mesh.
      Here are the problems:

1- The local sizing on curvature has failed to refine the mesh on the gap (blade) and its circumference, (in the generate surface mesh step). I tried different angles and min sizes but the problem is still there. Notice that contrarly the mesh on the opposite side is refined.
      2- I have this weird looking parallel lines on the exterior of the wall perpendicular to the gap, as they seem as the leftovers of the refinement in (1).

I’ve uploaded images to illustrate the problems. Can you tell me where I went wrong whether in Spaceclaim, or fluent mesher.
      Thanks you guys from the support team for your active assistance in this forum.

With regards,
      Ayoub Sari

• MIDHUN

December 28, 2023 at 6:00 am

Haie ,

Can you try giving local sizing to blade and then try remeshing ,the geometry. And you can also change the global min and max to get a finer mesh as the mesh looks little coarse.

Regards

M Midhun

• Ayoub

December 31, 2023 at 9:01 am

Hi medhun,

So I tried to make the local sizing finer around the blade. There is a little improvement when I used the option capture curvature & proximity on face-edges in the surface mesh.
    But, the local refinement is done almost on the rear side only (see images).

Sincerly,

• MIDHUN

January 1, 2024 at 1:51 pm

Haie Ayoub,

This difference is hub and shroud refinement levels is because of tip clearance , as the blade tips are not touching the shroud surface . In hub as proximity and and curvatures are given it captures the blade curves and gives a local refinement .

You can procced with volume mesh generation and check if any errors are coming .

Regards

• Ayoub

January 1, 2024 at 8:17 pm

It seems to me that I got the opposite to what you’ve just explained.

The hub is not locally refined, while the shroud (with no contact with the blade) is.

Which is quite paradoxal.

Sincerly,

• MIDHUN

January 2, 2024 at 6:53 am

Hi Ayoub ,

It was a typing mistake in my end. In shroud as proximity is given it tries to fit cells in that gap(tip clearance) based on the given sizing parameters. That is the reason we have this refinement.

Regards

error: Content is protected !!