Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our <br>community around the world.

Home Forums OpenFOAM Forum Lesson 7; SnappyHexMesh application

• Lesson 7; SnappyHexMesh application

Posted by Deleted User on September 25, 2023 at 3:30 pm

Hi

I have been having issues in creating the inner and outer of the cylinder using the snappyHexMesh Utility. I tried to follow the instructions as specified in the motorbike case but it’s been difficult.

I have been on this for weeks now. Can I get a guideline, please?

Thank you

Barış Bicer replied 8 months, 3 weeks ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Trilok G

September 25, 2023 at 4:44 pm

hii, have you cross checked with the dimensions of your geometry and background mesh? Sometimes while importing your STL to OpenFOAM your units might have changed. It should then be consistent with that of the coordinate points (outer and inner) that you will specify for obtaining external and internal mesh. That should work. Can you send the picture of your mesh or the error that you are getting?

• Trilok G

September 25, 2023 at 4:51 pm

hii, have you cross checked with the dimensions of your geometry and background mesh? Sometimes while importing your STL to OpenFOAM your units might have changed. It should then be consistent with that of the coordinate points (outer and inner) that you will specify in snappyHexMesh dict file for obtaining external or internal mesh. That should work. Can you send the picture of your mesh or the error that you are getting, so that any other issues can be looked out for? Below are the images to get an idea of internal and external mesh that we get by appropriately assigning the coordinate points for executing external and internal meshes respectively (Just a rough mesh, quality improvement was not considered for the below attached meshes).

Thank you

• Barış Bicer

September 30, 2023 at 11:15 am

Hi Abdulfatai,

This is normal to have several issues in the openfoam. But you should mention and explain step by step what you have done and what kind of errors you got in order to get efficient support.

For your info

error: Content is protected !!