Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our <br>community around the world.

Home Forums ANSYS Fluent Beginners to Advanced level Lesson 7; Meshing of a half aircraft

• Lesson 7; Meshing of a half aircraft

Posted by Zachary on March 17, 2024 at 6:48 pm

Hi All

I have been trying to replicate as the meshing of the half aircraft as shown in the tutorial. However, I came across some error in the console. All steps in the video were followed as such the only exception being the local sizing due to the limitation posed by the student version. As much as I understand the error makes it mandatory that I either use shared topology or non conformal meshing. I am attaching images from what I had faced. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Rahul replied 4 weeks, 1 day ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Yagna Murthy

March 17, 2024 at 11:51 pm

Hi Zachary,

Even though I faced the same problem, I somehow managed to solve it by providing local sizing (BOI) for all the BOIs, as shown in the tutorial, but with a higher mesh size. Finally, I got a 20000 maximum cell size at volume mesh. I understood that the trial-and-error method is the key to the student version. By doing this, you can overcome the problem. FYI, boi aero-500mm engine-450 near 650. surface mesh min 650 max 19000 volume mesh 20000. I got the mesh for these values. But it can be improved further.

• Zachary

March 18, 2024 at 5:43 pm

Thanks a lot Yagna. It means a lot. I was able to complete the meshing with the mesh sizings that you had provided. However I came across few things different from what was shown in the video.

1. In the Update Regions step, boi-near had showed up along with aircraft fluid far and aircraft fluid near (images included)

2. Explode option no longer works after generating the volume mesh which makes it difficult for the visualizing. I suspect this has something to do with point 1 above.

Please let me know if this is something that you had faced.

Thanks again

• MIDHUN

March 18, 2024 at 6:42 am

Hi,

In this case after assigning the BOI and generating surface mesh then use convert all walls to internal since you have two fluid domains and a common interface that is shared .The share topology should be turned of as already the share topology is enabled in Spaceclaim . We also need to use a conformal mesh.

Regards

Flowthermolab SupportTeam

• Zachary

March 18, 2024 at 5:45 pm

Thanks Midhun turning ON the non conformal had helped.

I came across two things different from what was shown in the video.

1. In the Update Regions step, boi-near had showed up along with aircraft fluid far and aircraft fluid near (images included)

2. Explode option no longer works after generating the volume mesh which makes it difficult for the visualizing. I suspect this has something to do with point 1 above.

Please let me know what could have gone wrong

Best regards

• Rahul

March 19, 2024 at 3:45 pm

Hi Zachary,
        It seems you must have missed out on assigning the boi-near to a boi in the local refinements. Please take a look and post a screenshot of how you have assigned your BOIs as well.
        Also, an image of the geometry including the bois from Spaceclaim that you have used may be helpful.
        Best regards
        Rahul

error: Content is protected !!