Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our <br>community around the world.

Home Forums ANSYS Fluent Beginners to Advanced level Lesson 6 – Mesh Refinement and BOI

• Lesson 6 – Mesh Refinement and BOI

Posted by Christos on March 5, 2024 at 12:29 am

Hello,

I have a question concerning the volume meshing in external aerodynamics. When I generate the volume mesh of the car geometry, the inside of the car is meshed too. I have created an enclosure, I have suppresed the car for physics, I have created the BOI and the surface mesh seems to be generated fine. I describe the geometry as fluids with no voids and then the volume generated is seen in the picture. Shouldn’t the volume mesh be generated only at the outside of the car? I can’t seem to find where or if I have done something wrong.

Best regards,
    Christos Lasdas

Christos replied 1 month, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • MIDHUN

March 5, 2024 at 1:56 pm

Hi,

Can you Please share the Spaceclaim tree it should be a cavity .And can you also share the describe geometry tool box along with ,number of fluid regions present in fluent mesher.

Regards

Flowthermolab SupportTeam

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  MIDHUN MURALI.
  • Christos

March 5, 2024 at 4:21 pm

Hi Midhun,

I have shared the spaceclaim tree, as well as the named selections. I also share the ‘describe geometry part in fluent where I set it to be ‘only fluid with no voids’. What i find interesting is that in the ‘update regions’ there is a region named ‘fluid’ which highlights the car. Is that supposed to be there, since we have enclosed the car? And if so, do I set it as solid (and in the volume mesh I set the solids to not be meshed) or as dead?

Thanks in advance,
    Christos

• Rahul

March 6, 2024 at 12:50 am

Hi Christos,

Good to know you have identified the error. An alternative way to resolve such cases when both domains are being detected in the ‘Update regions’ tab, is to set the region as ‘dead’ as you have correctly mentioned. But you need to make sure that the bois are correctly created and assigned in Meshing before doing this. Else it could also be the boi which is being shown in the list of regions.

Best regards
      Rahul

• Christos

March 6, 2024 at 7:44 am

Hello Rahul,

Thank you so much for your advice.

Kind regards,
        Christos

• Christos

March 5, 2024 at 4:22 pm

Unfortunately I could not upload the rest of the images as there is a limitation error. I hope I have described the case to the best of my abilities.

Kind regards,
    Christos

• MIDHUN

March 5, 2024 at 5:29 pm

Hi Christos,

Can you please write to support@flowthermolab.com may be we can have a quick look to see what the issue is with a meeting .

Regards

• Christos

March 5, 2024 at 5:55 pm

Hi Midhun,

Yes of course. Thank you very much.

Best regards,
      Christos

• Christos

March 5, 2024 at 6:57 pm

Dear Midhun,

I have found where my error is. I first create the enclosure and then I create the BOI. The thing is that after the BOI creation, the enclosure is deactivated, so a simple ‘Activate Component’ to the Enclosure did the job.

Thank you so much for your help.

Best regards,
        Christos

• MIDHUN

March 6, 2024 at 5:24 am

Hi Christos,

Thanks for updating us .

Regards

error: Content is protected !!