Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our <br>community around the world.

Home Forums ANSYS Fluent Beginners to Advanced level Lesson 6 Assignment: Unable to suppress car geometry

• Lesson 6 Assignment: Unable to suppress car geometry

Posted by Isha on January 13, 2024 at 5:44 am

Hello,

I am trying to import the geometry file into Meshing and as a last step when I try to suppress the car geometry, the Wake (Boi) also gets suppressed along with car. Is there something wrong that I am doing and how should I fix this?

I am following the method shown in website tutorials and also some ANSYS tutorial videos. Once I have imported the car in SpaceClaim, I repair the geometry. Then create Enclosure and then the Wake closer to the car. Image attached.

MIDHUN replied 3 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • MIDHUN

January 15, 2024 at 12:28 pm

Hi Isha,

From the Structure tree attached in the figure it can be seen that only extracted car volume (Enclosure) and BOI is only present . Geometry of car is not present in tree probably its deleted from the tree so no need to suppress the same. You can give appropriate names for the wind tunnel walls , inlet ,outlet and car walls using named selections and carry out meshing in fluent mesher.

Regards

Flowthermolab SupportTeam

error: Content is protected !!