Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our <br>community around the world.

Home Forums OpenFOAM Forum Lesson 5: blockMesh command error

• Lesson 5: blockMesh command error

Posted by Heno on July 27, 2023 at 2:46 am

Hello everyone,

I am trying to run the BlockMesh utility for the geometries as described in Lesson 5. However, I am getting an error (related to the header file of ‘findBlockMeshDict.H’) after trying to call the blockMesh command from the cavity directory. Please find below the error message.

I would need some help to move forward regarding this issue.

blockMesh error

Barış Bicer replied 8 months, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • MIDHUN

July 27, 2023 at 6:16 am

Haie Antony,

Could you please also please use ls and check the system folder you have BlockMeshDict . Sometimes there might be some syntax that is missing in the BlockMeshDict file by chance it got modified  in that case could you copy alternate BlockMeshDict file delete this file and replace if it works.

• Heno

August 2, 2023 at 5:31 pm

Hello Support staff,

I am still stuck with this issue and have sent my latest efforts in debugging the error via email (for some reason the forum seems not able to publish my contents). Please reach out to me at your earliest convenience as I am trying to tackle this for almost a week now.

Thanks!

• Heno

July 27, 2023 at 4:37 pm

I do have the BlockmeshDict file in the system folder. I will go ahead and replace the BlockMeshdict file with a fresh one and see if that works.

PS: Based on the error shown in the terminal, isn’t it related to the header of the file ‘findBlockMeshDict’.

Thanks!

• Barış Bicer

August 4, 2023 at 7:35 am

Hi Antony,

First let me know that when you copied a fresh case with blockMesh utility that is working properly or not?

If it is working properly, then what do you change? and get your error post here. Dont forget one thing in openfoam that if you change many things immadiately it would be quite difficult to identify the problem then. Thats why lets go step by step

error: Content is protected !!