Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our <br>community around the world.

Home Forums CPP scientific computing discussion Lesson 3.3 Variables and Data types Part3

• Lesson 3.3 Variables and Data types Part3

Posted by Rukhsar on March 7, 2024 at 12:02 pm

Here, I am not getting the correct result while finding machine epsilon using the algorithm. And the value is the same as double. I checked, but everything looks fine to me.
    Can anyone tell me what the issue is?

Nishant replied 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Nishant

April 6, 2024 at 6:22 am

Hi Rukhsar,

Apologies for the prolonged delay in reply. My laptop had some hardware glitch and I was unable to login to my account. The machine epsilon values can be platform and architecture-dependent. It can also vary from one compiler to another. I see that from your output you are getting the same values for float and double type. I guess there might be some subtle issues in your code for which I will need to take a look at your source code. It will be helpful if you can share your .cpp file, the command you are using for compilation and the compiler version information.
    There have been significant changes made in the C++ standards in the releases C++20 and C++24. Therefore the results that you see in the video and what you get in the output can be significantly different in some cases.

Regards,
    Nishant

error: Content is protected !!