Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our <br>community around the world.

Home Forums OpenFOAM Forum lesson 19 nacaAirFoil assignment libs + a followup question on runtime

• lesson 19 nacaAirFoil assignment libs + a followup question on runtime

Posted by Raghu Karthik on November 11, 2023 at 8:40 am

Hi Flowthermolab,
    I was doing naca Airfoil assignment , i was supposed to write a function object for forceCoefficients. i referred to motorbike case and online openfoam user guide. My doubt is, For the f<b style=”cursor: text;”>orceCoeffs: why the libs is {(forces); for motorBike case} and {(libforces.so); from the user Guide}. As far as I read forces function object use libs (forces).

Follow up to my previous question (regarding long runtime) on the Openfoam Discussion Forum dated 10/11/2023 ,
    Also, I ran without editing anything. did just a simple run, it took around 3 hrs 30 minutes . and log.SonicFoam file is huge (128 MB). Does it take that long to run usually on other machines, because I haven’t seen others asking the same question in the discussion forum.

Barış Bicer replied 7 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Barış Bicer

November 12, 2023 at 7:51 pm

Hi,

User guide is not updated. It was old representation. If you go to old openfoam versions you should assing with library with name.so. Aber, in the new versions it is assigned as directly forces so you dont need to write with library with .so appendage.

Did you look at what you are solving here. ıt is related to shock detection and to get the results you are running with very small time time 4e-8 as you can see in the controlDict. and you run up tp 3e-4 which means that you will at least have 10000 loops to complete the simulations. I think that it is very normal for the basic transient shock solutions. Even faster 🙂

startTime       0;

stopAt          endTime;

endTime         0.0027;

deltaT          4e-08;

writeControl    runTime;

writeInterval   2e-04;

error: Content is protected !!