Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our <br>community around the world.

Home Forums ANSYS Fluent Beginners to Advanced level Lesson 17 appending and creating Turbomachine in Fluent

• Lesson 17 appending and creating Turbomachine in Fluent

Posted by Raghu Karthik on December 18, 2023 at 11:28 am

In importing a turbomachine geometry first is read the msh file of impeller . next i read the volute mesh using append option . but every time i import the volute name is dropped by the software. in spaceclaim i named volute-outlet, volute-default. but the volute name is dropped by fluent solution. also I couldn’t create turbo interfaces as no available zones is listed (see pic) in create/Edit turbo interfaces .

T R Abhishek replied 2 months, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Raghu Karthik

December 18, 2023 at 11:43 am

Doubt Continued…

I tried changing the boundary type for faces impeller-to-volute 1,2 from ‘wall’ to interface then it showed up in the create turbomachines fields. That’s good. but its throwing some error when i hit the create button.

• Raghu Karthik

December 19, 2023 at 2:14 am

I was able to do this. I did use a periodic BC while meshing. so i need not do pitching in create turbomachine fields.

• Anup

January 21, 2024 at 6:45 am

So did you use a sector model for implellor ? or you used a complete model

• Raghu Karthik

January 21, 2024 at 6:47 am

Sector model

• Anup

January 21, 2024 at 10:23 am

when you use sector model…the areas of interface surfaces will be different. Will this be an issue ?

• Raghu Karthik

January 21, 2024 at 11:07 am

rotational periodic faces should match. Since the geometry is provided to us for the assignment purpose they seem to be matching. I don’t know what happens if they don’t match though. It might through an error while meshing

• T R Abhishek

February 1, 2024 at 2:35 pm

The interface on the impeller side will have 60 deg, and that on volute side is 360 deg. So how to match it in the simulation?

error: Content is protected !!