Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our <br>community around the world.

Home Forums ANSYS Fluent Beginners to Advanced level Lesson 17 Energy equation in TurboMachine application

• Lesson 17 Energy equation in TurboMachine application

Posted by Raghu Karthik on December 19, 2023 at 2:46 am

hi,

I am, trying to use energy equation for the pump to calculate efficiency of the pump. but its not getting solved. I am getting uniform temperature over entire domain which is equal to inlet temp. why isn’t the energy equation solved. it is ignored by the solver. please help me understand , I spent considerable time on it but not getting it.

Raghu Karthik replied 5 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Rahul

December 19, 2023 at 4:39 am

Hi Raghu,
    Could you please clarify what is the issue? Is the energy equation being solved (Is the energy equation residuals appearing when solving)? Or is it simply that though it is being solved the temperature is same in the domain?
    Also, which formulation are you using for density of air?
    Regards
    Rahul
    Flowthermolab support

• Raghu Karthik

December 19, 2023 at 6:55 am

I am using water. yes energy residual is appearing but right for every iteration it remains 1e-16. absolutley no change in value. likewise temperature remained constant and uniform throughout. all energy related variables they are not changing. they were supposed to be solved but not happening.

error: Content is protected !!