Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our <br>community around the world.

Home Forums CFD foundation course: Forum Lesson 10: 2D steady state problem

• Lesson 10: 2D steady state problem

Posted by SIVARAMAN on December 21, 2023 at 11:24 pm

Hi,

In this subject lecture, after applying i,j values, the equation is written in Matrix Ax=B form. I tried to understand the A portion of the matrix, but could not get. I have attached the picture also. Could you please explain how to write the equation in matrix form, particularly the A term.

Rahul replied 3 months, 3 weeks ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Sandeep

Administrator
    December 21, 2023 at 11:36 pm

Hi Sivaraman,
    Converting a set of linear equations to a matrix form is basic engineering mathematics. I suggest you read any engineering mathematics books for that and get your basics clear to apply in CFD. The best book I can suggest is Advanced Engineering Mathematics by Kreyszig, Erwin.
    The set of linear equations can be easily obtained by substituting the values of i and j here.

Regards

Sandeep

• SIVARAMAN

December 22, 2023 at 1:56 am

Dear Sir,

Kindly informing you that in the A term of matrix, 3rd row,3rd column, the value should be “v” I think. Instead it is mentioned as zero.

i=4;j=2 — The last term in the equation is VT4,2

Thank you.

• Rahul

December 26, 2023 at 9:59 am

Hi Sivaraman,
      Thank you for pointing out the error. We will put a note in the lesson regarding this so that it can be helpful for other students as well.
      Best regards,
      Rahul
      Flowthermolab support

error: Content is protected !!