Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our <br>community around the world.

Home Forums OpenFOAM Forum Lecture 19, simpleFoam/nacaAirfoil assignment

• Lecture 19, simpleFoam/nacaAirfoil assignment

Posted by Raghu Karthik on November 10, 2023 at 9:21 am

hi Flowthermolab,

I am trying to run nacaAirfoil case. i ran ./Allrun. Its taking forever.i left my system running for hours . I tried ctrl+c to stop the process but its not working too. i rerun the ./Allrun same issue. its stuck, the handle is not coming back to command line , i dont understand if the process is complete or is it running forever. plz help

Barış Bicer replied 7 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Raghu Karthik

November 10, 2023 at 11:29 am

hi peers,

I think it takes roughly 5 hrs to run naca airfoil case. I opened log.sonicFoam found that the teime step deltaT =4.0e-8, total time = 0.0027. and with the process running i took arbitrary iteration during the run at t= 0.00011752 (#*deltaT) for which it took 678 seconds. calculated runtime of each iteration. then it roughly takes 5 hrs to complete this simulation. i didn’t understand this earlier and stopped the simulation for nothing. I am not sure it it’s the case with others. Those who have finished this problem can share some information on this issue.

• Barış Bicer

November 12, 2023 at 7:53 pm

did you run parallel?

• Raghu Karthik

November 13, 2023 at 1:10 am

No, I didn’t run in parallel. That’s the next lecture after this. I ran this 3 times. It took 3 hrs on average.

• Barış Bicer

November 13, 2023 at 8:53 pm

In single CPU then it is normal

error: Content is protected !!