Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our <br>community around the world.

Home Forums StarCCM+ Forum Interface problems and Meshing

• Interface problems and Meshing

Posted by Zaid on December 16, 2023 at 9:07 am

Hi sir,

I have to face problems when I do mesh It shows that your surface intersects but there are no problems in CAD models. Now it also does not create the interface between the rotational body and the centrifugal pump casing.

Please suggest to me some points to rectify this error.

Andrew replied 6 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Andrew

December 17, 2023 at 8:16 am

Hi Zaid,

Its a tricky one because there could be a few reasons for this happening.

I presume, after making the CAD you have done a boolean imprint on the rotating and static surfaces? I then take it at this point if you look at under the contacts node, there is no interface being automatically detecteded between the rotating/static part, as you see in the video?

I think the easiest way at this point to identify the issue (instead of trying to work out in the CAD if things aren’t aligned correctly etc.) is if you right click on one of the CAD parts (i.e. the rotating or static part) and select repair surface. If you then change the part source from description -> mesh operation. You sould be able to select the imprint as the mesh operation. Please see the picture. If you execute the surface repair diagnostics you may see sme pierced faces indicating your problem or maybe some free edges which is why its not properly creating the interface.

If not upload some pictures and we can try diagnose the problem further. I’m not 100% sure but you may also be able to select the automated mesh operation in the surface repair, it depends what stage it failed at – but this may also give you a hint as to what the problem is.

You may also be able to get around the problem quite easily if you select the automatic surface repair in the Automated Mesh (right click -> select meshers). However this may cause you problems further down the line when trying to define that interface!

Let me know how that goes,

Thanks

Andrew

error: Content is protected !!