Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our <br>community around the world.

Home Forums OpenFOAM Forum Hull simulation :; Getting an error while running interFoam

• Hull simulation :; Getting an error while running interFoam

Posted by Yagna Murthy on March 8, 2024 at 10:41 am

Hi Team,

I have tried to run. The pre-defined mesh is shown in the tutorial. However, the values are not converging, and it showed me an error after some iterations. I was wondering what went wrong. I did not even change the values; I tried to Allrun file, too, and even it was stopped quickly without converging. Is it because of MULE or tolerance value like 1e-8? Please share your input.

Barış Bicer replied 1 month ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Barış Bicer

March 9, 2024 at 9:15 am

Hi Murthy,

Simulation is diverged somehow. We have to check step by step. Therefore, reclean your case and leave only your mesh. delete your 0 folder and recopy again from 0.org.

1. Can you check your mesh quality? “checkMesh” and post here log file

2. Which OpenFOAM version do you use? I will also look at that version tutorial case

3. follow the each step of allrun commands but do each of them step by step and please write log file and paste.

LEts go step by step and then we can understand where it comes.

• Yagna Murthy

March 9, 2024 at 1:20 pm

Greetings Professor,

I checked the mesh, too, but I got a similar value to yours. Today, I noticed one more thing, like the topo set and refined mesh writing in poly mesh/cell map by creating a 0 folder, as shown in the images. So I tried coping the cell map from that to constant/poly mesh and performing snappyHexmesh, but the solutions are still diverging. I am using the openFoam 2106 version. I followed every step, as you mentioned in the class.

• Yagna Murthy

March 13, 2024 at 10:53 am

Professor, Could you comment on the results I stuck over here? Solutions are not converging at all

• Barış Bicer

March 16, 2024 at 2:06 pm

Hi Murthy,

if you made all refinemesh levels correctly, before snappyHexMesh I didnt understand why do your try to copy cellsmap etc…? you dont need to do this. I am confused that you did something wrong there.

Lets do like this.

copy a new hull case and please use ./Allrun command that will make everything for you.

I dont think that you follow correctly the lecture step by step and missing something.

error: Content is protected !!