Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our <br>community around the world.

Home Forums OpenFOAM Forum creating interfaces

• creating interfaces

Posted by Abdul on April 10, 2023 at 10:42 am

I have a problem, if I have 2 different mesh files of the same geometry, how do I connect them in openfoam (i.e. a wall’s outlet should be another wall’s inlet) ? I read that we can give conditions like interfaces , so how to give it ? (inlet and outlet interface)

Barış Bicer replied 1 year ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Barış Bicer

April 10, 2023 at 1:40 pm

Hi Abdul,

If you have 2 different mesh for same geometry how can one of inlet can be others outlet? I am a bit confused. Can you explain with drawing and paste here. However, if you wanna map the data from one boundary to other one which should be totally identatial, you can use mapFields option.

• Abdul

April 12, 2023 at 11:23 am

between 2 pipes

lets say there are 2 pipes as shown above, i want to connect the 2 faces of thar pipes (in the intersection) and when i vary the pipe’s length, it should automatically simulate by transferring data from bigger interection to smaller intersection. I read i forums that it can be done with cyclicACMI (esi version), but can we do the something similar in openfoam 10 version?

• Abdul

April 12, 2023 at 11:34 am

https://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-pre-processing/165257-cyclicacmi-cyclic.html

please refer to this cfd forum,
    please read yosmcer’s post – #1 (scroll all the way down)

so i want to create boundary conditions like that, is there any way to do so in openfoam v10 ?

• Barış Bicer

April 12, 2023 at 9:14 pm

Hi Abdul,

First I never used foundation version of OpenFOAM before. Since more than 10 years using ESI-version. Therefore, I have no idea how to it in OFver-10. By the way between versions there are lots of differences. But if this application is easy to proceed in ESI-version you can simply install it and use it.

Also, I didnt have this kind of cyclic-AMI motion boundary problem before. It should be investigated also from my side too

• Abdul

April 13, 2023 at 3:35 am

ok thanks again, I will look into it and if I find anything I will post it here.

• Barış Bicer

April 13, 2023 at 7:38 am

Thanks Abdul

error: Content is protected !!