Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our <br>community around the world.

Home Forums OpenFOAM Forum ccm26ToFoam

• ccm26ToFoam

Posted by Osman Veysel on June 8, 2022 at 7:47 am

Hello,

I m new on OpenFOAM, I prepared a mesh in STAR CCM+ and I am trying to export it to OF. I searched about it and find this ccm26ToFoam. So now I am trying to use it but getting same error. Can anyone help me?

Details:
    OpenFOAM-9 is installed on my ubuntu.
    My mesh is tetrahedral with prism layer from STAR CCM+.
    I can export it as .ccm format.
    ccm26ToFoam doesn’t work. (There may be an issue about my installation but I did some analysis before without any problem by using rhoSimpleFoam.)

Barış Bicer replied 1 year, 10 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Barış Bicer

June 8, 2022 at 7:02 pm

Hi Osman,

What is the error message? can you post it here?

In my lecture I have proposed to use ccmToFoam mesh_file_name for ESI_variant.

Could you also try it please.

You also said that you did analysis before with starccm mesh using OpenFOAM solver. How did you convert that time?

Thank you

• Osman Veysel

June 13, 2022 at 2:24 pm

I was using OpenFOAM-9 before starting to this training. I used fluentMeshToFoam before and solved a case without any problem. So that is what I was talking about.

Nowadays I was trying to use ccm26ToFoam. I learned it from a discussion on CFD Online. But I switched to OpenFOAM-v2112 after starting to the OpenFOAM training. So now I m using ESI_variant. I have just finished Lesson 4 so I haven’nt seen your lecture about ccmToFoam. But after your answer I searched about it and figured it out. Now I can translate my ccm meshes to foam format without any problem.

Thank you.

• Osman Veysel

June 13, 2022 at 2:30 pm

I m sharing the solution, excuse me if there is something wrong, it worked on my pc.

download libccmio-2.6.1 to ThirdParty directory.
    Then run these commands:

cd $WM_THIRD_PARTY_DIR
    ./makeCCMIO libso
    ./makeCCMIO lib
    foam
    ./Allwmake

ref: https://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-meshing/194528-openfoam-v1706-ccmtofoam-error.html#post670008

• Barış Bicer

June 13, 2022 at 8:39 pm

Hi Osman,

thank you for your informative details. you will see details mesh conversion techniques in Lecture 9.

But I am happy that you solved your problem by yourself.

Best.

Barış

error: Content is protected !!