Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our <br>community around the world.

• Posted by Jahidul Islam on February 22, 2024 at 9:53 am

Dear all,

I am having a problem related to BOI assignment where the car geometry has to be used to illustrate the BOI and mesh refinements problems. However, I cannot understand how to introduce a BOI Body surrounding the car geometry. But I have done some tasks and please look into it. If it is alright, keep me posted as well as for any inconvenience.

Please, help me out and thanks in advance for your appreciation.

Rahul replied 1 month, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Rahul

February 22, 2024 at 12:37 pm

Hi Jahidul,
    It seems you have created an enclosure around the BoI as well, which is resulting in the solid representing the Boi to be hollow in the enclosure. It is not clear from the image. But this is what I think is happening. When you create the enclosure, select only the car body, and you can hide the BoI while doing this.
    Also, there is no need to create a group for BoI. Only the solid body as BoI is enough for selection during the meshing process.
    Best regards
    Rahul
    Flowthermolab support

• Jahidul Islam

February 22, 2024 at 2:16 pm

It refers only enclosure is enough for meshing. Hence, only the enclosure works as a BOI when meshing, no external solid body is needed. Is that alright?

• Rahul

February 22, 2024 at 4:21 pm

Now the image seems right. If we are interested in external aerodynamics, then only the enclosure is required. No need of the solid body. Also, BoI is used for refining the mesh in a particular area. These can be solid bodies.
        The solid body of the car can be deleted after domain extraction or can be deactivated for physics by right-clicking the body in the tree and selecting the option.

Also, if you are planning to conduct simulation using the shared geometry, please extend the external domain as per dimensions mentioned in literature.

Best regards
        Rahul
        Flowthermolab support

error: Content is protected !!