Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our <br>community around the world.

Home Forums OpenFOAM Forum axsis

• Posted by Srinivas K on January 16, 2023 at 11:15 am

we dont know the design is made in which axis. that time how can we decide the inlet outlet of the.
    we have paraview but still some if some elevation is in design then….

Barış Bicer replied 1 year, 4 months ago 2 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Barış Bicer

January 16, 2023 at 9:45 pm

Hi,

I didnt understand what do you mean exactly? if you dont know design and concept how can you simulate and represent correctly? This is a bit strange.

• Srinivas K

January 17, 2023 at 6:04 am

lets take one example of cylinder which is made on z, x plan at (5 2 7) and consider I dont know the exact position because I have downloaded from some website for my practice  and now I want to run blockMesh command,

(0 0 0)
    (1 0 0)
    (1 1 0)
    (0 1 0)
    (0 0 1)
    (1 0 1)
    (1 1 1)
    (0 1 1)

if I give above vertices for the blockMeshDict it will create the blockmesh from the origin (0 0 0)
    but my geometry is not made according to (0 0 0)
    what to do in this case

• Barış Bicer

January 20, 2023 at 12:46 pm

Hi,

You give start point (0 0 0) and then asking why it starts from o? BlockMesh makes only block structure! What you can do is that import your CAD into another mesh program such as Gmesh or Salome and mesh it simply. After that get .msh or other compatible version of mesh then convert it into openfoam.

For your info.

• Srinivas K

January 20, 2023 at 6:10 am

why I am not getting response

• Srinivas K

January 20, 2023 at 7:13 am

how to consider the coordinates for in the inlet for any geometry suppose you consider your geometry itself could you pls explain me that how should select and consider the coordinates in order to get the results for my multiple inlet geometry and multiple outlet i hope you will help me out with this problem?

• Barış Bicer

January 20, 2023 at 12:54 pm

Listen,

First you should decide the starting point and your axis if you do any meshing in blockMesh. then the points locations should be clarified one by one. I draw a simple example of 3 inlet 1 outlet geometry.

I hope it can let you understand.

Best.

Baris

• Barış Bicer

January 20, 2023 at 12:57 pm

error: Content is protected !!