Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our <br>community around the world.

Home Forums ANSYS Fluent Beginners to Advanced level Ansys Lesson 8: Meshing periodic geometry

• Ansys Lesson 8: Meshing periodic geometry

Posted by SIVARAMAN on February 18, 2024 at 7:56 pm

Hi,
    While preparing a mesh I am frequently getting an error which I shared here. Could you please tell me the reason for this error. Should I add groups in spaceclaim to avoid this error. Please explain. Also, please explain how to find out the rotational axis.

Regards,

Sivaraman Kandasamy

Krishnendu G replied 5 days, 6 hours ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • MIDHUN

February 20, 2024 at 8:50 am

Hi ,

We have also tried with same geometry and periodicity works fine .You need to complete the surface mesh and after completing the surface mesh give update boundaries for the time being you can use wall for the periodic surfaces then after that right click the update boundaries tab and set up the periodic boundaries, for this case we are also sharing the settings for periodic boundaries.

Regards

Flowthermolab SupportTeam

• SIVARAMAN

February 21, 2024 at 12:13 am

Hi,
      I followed your instruction and spent a whole day and could not mesh the blade. I have attached the screenshot of all steps. Please check the photos and guide me.

Thank you,
      Sivaraman Kandasamy

• MIDHUN

February 21, 2024 at 9:30 am

Hi,

You need to provide named selections in groups sorry i missed that point . We are attaching a the image with named selections for your reference

Regards

• Anand

April 10, 2024 at 10:47 am

still mesh is not generating in update regions it is getting stuck can you suggest some methods how to do it

• MIDHUN

April 11, 2024 at 11:55 am

Hi,

Anand it should work please follow the instructions carefully , the steps.

Please post screen shots of the issue like the periodic region issue etc.

Regards

• Anand

April 12, 2024 at 6:20 am

I am getting problem in name selection of blade can i get more clear picture of it

• Krishnendu G

April 12, 2024 at 12:54 pm

Hi Anand,

Can you share where you are having the issue with the named selection in the geometry?

error: Content is protected !!