This course is designed for a complete beginner to OpenFOAM or even Linux. We can guarantee you that by the end of this course, you will be very much familiar with the Linux environment, OpenFOAM structures, setting up cases, meshing using snappy hex mesh, running in parallel, post-processing with ParaView, and running any medium to advance level CFD problems using OpenFOAM. All your assignments and quizzes will be carefully evaluated by the instructors and adequate feedback will be given for improvement.
Meet the Instructors
Dr. Baris Bicer
Dr. Baris is the main instructor of the OpenFOAM course. He did two master’s degrees, MEng in Naval Architecture and Machinery Engineering from İTÜ TURKEY and Msc from Kobe University, Japan. He did his Ph.D. focusing on Multiphase flows using OpenFOAM from Kobe University, Japan. He got more than 10 years of Industrial experience in multiple domains like aerodynamics, multiphase flows etc. He is also the Founder of Turkish OpenFOAM User’s Group
Dr. Sandeep Mouvanal
Dr. Sandeep is the course coordinator/director and also the founder of Flowthermolab. He did his master’s and Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from IIT Madras specializing in computational fluid dynamics applied to heat transfer and multiphase flows. He has over 15 years of industrial experience in the field of CFD in various domains like electronic cooling, turbomachines, engine systems etc.
- Course Content: 27 Lessons including 30+ videos, quizzes, challenges/assignments and mini projects.
- Mode: Learn at your pace with recorded videos. So you can enroll at any time you want.
- Doubt clearance: Email support and forum.
- Discussion Forum: This forum is to interact and exchange ideas with the instructors and other students.
- Total access period: 12 months from the day of enrolling.
- Computer requirement: Minimum 4 GB RAM and i3 processor
- Software: OpenFOAM and Paraview in the Linux environment. You will be taught during the course to install them. If are having windows machine you can install Linux using a virtual toolbox (explained in the course). If you have windows 10 or 11, you can directly use the Ubuntu subsystem in windows for the course.
- Access to the course: Once you make the payment, your login ID and password will be sent automatically via email.
- Learn and master OpenFOAM, Paraview, and Linux
- CFD Engineers already working in the industry but want to learn and master a new meshing tool
- Do I get a certificate?
Yes, when you finish all the lessons and the corresponding quizzes/assignments you will gain the course completion certificate with the date of completion.
- Do I need a powerful workstation/computer to learn this course?
No, a normal laptop with 4 or 8GB RAM and a decent processor (i3) is good enough for this course.
- What if I don’t understand some portion or need to clarify some doubts?
We will support you through emails and zoom meetings/discussion sessions to clear all doubts and questions
- Should I know the programming of any other CFD software to learn this course?
No, you don’t need.
- Is there any prerequisite?
The basic knowledge in fluid mechanics and CFD is required to learn OpenFOAM. If you feel you need to refresh the basics of CFD, you can enroll in our CFD foundation course and if you buy it along with OpenFOAM you will get direct 50% off.
- I don’t have a Linux machine, but windows, can I use it to learn OpenFOAM?
yes, we will teach you how to install the required software to run OpenFOAM in Windows.