Share with your friends
Fee: $49 (~₹ 4000 Ex 18% GST)
Only limited seats to make the course lively and interactive.
MATLAB is a proprietary multi-paradigm programming language and numeric computing environment developed by MathWorks. MATLAB allows matrix manipulations, plotting of functions and data, and implementation of algorithms etc.
This workshop is designed for a complete beginner to programming and MATLAB. This workshop is ideal for students from Mechanical Aerospace and Chemical Engineering backgrounds. This will also help professionals working in CAD/FEA/CFD domain for developing their own codes, and automate processes and tasks. During the live sessions from, you will learn MATLAB from scratch and practice more coding exercises along with assignments.
- Course Instructor: Nishant Soni [IIST, JNCASR Bangalore], Scientific software developer
Lead Instructor at Flowthermolab
- Date: 12 Dec to 30 Dec (Mon to Friday)
- Time: 6.00 pm to 7.30 pm IST
- Total access to recordings of live sessions: 3 Months
- Computer requirement: Minimum 4 GB RAM and i3 processor
- Software: Guidance on installations will be provided before the workshop
- Mode of class: Zoom video call (Once you make the payment, log in details will be shared
- Week 1
Day 1 – Getting familiar with GUI, Introduction to basics of MATLAB
Day 2 – Creating and Working with Arrays of Numbers, Simple plots, Script les and Function Files
Day 3 – Arrays and Matrices, Anonymous functions, Symbolic Computation, Importing and Exporting Data, Files
Day 4 – Matrix and Array Operations : Arithmetic, relational, and logical operations, elementary math functions
and matrix functions, vectorized operations
Day 5 – Functions: User-defined functions, Subfunctions, Nested functions, Compiled functions, The profiler
- Week 2
Day 1 – Variable Scope : local and global variables, Loops, branches and control ow, recursion
Day 2 – Advanced Data Objects: Multidimensional matrices, Structures, Cells
Day 3 – Linear Algebra: Solving a linear system, Gaussian elimination, Eigenvalues, and Eigenvectors, Matrix
factorizations, Advanced topics
Day 4 – Curve Fitting and Interpolation: Polynomial curve fitting, Least squares curve fitting, General nonlinear
Day 5 – Data Analysis and Statistics
- Week 3
Day 1 – Numerical Integration (Quadrature), Single and Double Integration
Day 2 – Ordinary Differential Equations: A first-order linear ODE, A second-order nonlinear ODE, ode23 vs ode45
Day 3 – Nonlinear Algebraic Equations – Roots of polynomials and Advanced Topics
Day 4 – Graphics: 2-D Plots, Subplot for Multiple Graphs, 3-D Plots, 3-D Surface Graphics, Animation
Day 5 – Partial Differential Equations – Nonlinear Heat Transfer
- Engineers already working in the industry but want to learn and master MATLAB
- Do I get a certificate?
Yes, based on your attendance and completion of tutorials, you will be given the certificate.
- Do I need a powerful workstation/computer to learn this course?
No, a normal laptop with 4 or 8GB RAM and a decent processor (i3) is good enough for this course.
- What if I don’t understand some portion or need to clarify some doubts?
We will support you through emails and zoom meetings/discussion sessions to clear all doubts and questions
- Should I know the programming to learn this course?
No, you don’t need.
- Is there any prerequisite?